Comprehensive Understanding of Multiple Consumer Touchpoints
Category:Food & Beverage - Condiment
Devise a single face-to-face test that would take consumers through the entire product selection and usage cycle, seeking to discover:
- Label perceptions and impact on product imagery
- Package reactions
- Product assessment via multiple applications/carriers
P & K Solution
P&K developed a single study with multiple stages, implemented at P&K Test Centers. The test design allowed individuals to follow a path that closely represented their customary behavior. The process started with the in-store shelf experience including manipulating the container, and continuing through product usage with two typical applications (using the product on a sandwich and as a salad ingredient).
P & K Findings
The research uncovered key points of influence in the consumer usage cycle:
- Pre-use attention to ingredient labels had a negative impact on subsequent touchpoint evaluations.
- Taste penalties were evident only on the less frequently used application.
- Texture penalties were found on the more frequent application.
P&K’s findings from a single study, led client to
- Prioritize renovation efforts for following year, with texture as the #1 concern.
- Make minor (and low cost) modifications to container and labeling.